Monday, March 30, 2009

A new love for the same picture


Today I celebrated my two year anniversary with my wife. I was amazed to look back and see the transition that has taken place in my life. 28 months ago I met Amber at an ice-skating activity with several friends. Three other boys were trying to get Amber’s attention. Little did they know, I had already won the battle.

That night Amber and I spent three hours talking about our families, hobbies, and goals in life. That was it from that moment on I wanted to spend every moment with her. Every day I learned something new about Amber that pushed me further in love, even when I told her I loved her and she simply replied, “I really, really like you and am very, very interested in you.”

Amber is like the main picture on my blog. Because I took it, I feel like it is a great picture. I could stare at it and find all the ugly things about it but my eyes won’t let me. Instead I find something new which I had not before seen to love every time I see the picture. I have found myself doing this same thing with Amber. Every day for the past two years I have found something new to love about the same picture (Amber).

4 comments:

Amber said...

Thank you. I love you very much. Happy anniversary!

brenna said...

Whoa-- You've been married a long time. That means you must be getting old ;)I'm glad you think those things about amby

Jenny Y said...

I am so glad that you two are together. We love both of you.

Suz said...

Two years? Feels like two months.